As coronavirus hospitalizations continue to trend downward, Northern Virginian’s will see eased restrictions from quarantine starting this Friday, June 12 when Phase 2 begins. While the reopening of businesses and public facilities on a limited basis means more freedom to move around the community, it’s still mandated that Virginians wear masks indoors, practice physical distancing, work from home and stay home as much as possible.
Here’s what is new in Phase 2:
- Social gatherings increase to 50 people, up from 10.
- Restaurants may have indoor seating at 50% capacity in addition to outdoor seating.
- Fitness centers may operate at 30% capacity.
- Pools and some recreation and entertainment venues can open with certain restrictions.
- Religious services will largely remain at 50% capacity.
- Non-essential retail, and personal grooming services remain at 50% capacity.
So NoVA, go ahead and get that special restaurant meal you’ve been craving, purchase the clothes your kids grew out of and get some exercise outside of your living room! Please remember to do so responsibly though using face coverings, social distance and with minimal trips out.